Why You Should Skip The “Boring” Garage Door
Make it easy..
Are you a homeowner that loves maintenance? Painting, sanding, refinishing? If you’re not one of the lucky people who enjoys those types of projects, eliminating unnecessary tasks should be at the top of your list. A new overhead garage door already comes prefinished in a large variety of colors and styles.
Even though your neighbors will thank you..
.. for getting rid of that boring old door, you’re the one that will really benefit, here’s how:
- Compared to a lot of other exterior projects (windows & siding) a new overhead door is a relatively inexpensive way to refresh your home’s exterior.
- A typical overhead door can be hundreds of square feet of your home’s exterior. This makes it the largest piece of moving equipment in your home. It can take up to perhaps a third of your home’s exterior. Square foot vs. square foot, a new overhead door is fractions of what any other exterior project may be.
- A new overhead garage door can increase your home’s curb appeal. Any reputable real estate professional will tell you: “You only have one chance to make a good first impression.”
- A more heavily insulated garage door can greatly increase your home’s energy efficiency. Reducing energy loss during our harsh Wisconsin winters makes sense financially.
- Since many home burglaries originate through an unsecured garage door, a newer and sturdier overhead door can offer more protection.